To enable a user for Lync, some admin interaction is normally necessary. To make life a bit easier, but to stay in-control at the same time, I wrote a PowerShell script.
The key features are;
- Checks for usersobjects in multiple user defined OUs
- Checks if the userobjects are enabled
- Checks if the userobject has an emailaddress
- Enables the account for Lync
- Sends an email to a predefined address whenever users are enabled.
You can find the script in the TechNet Gallery:
If you want to schedule it, simply create a scheduled task which runs;
c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Powershell.exe -file “c:\pathtops1\Enable-Lync.ps1”